- I have a skipper and crew all ready to go. How should I register?
- I have a partial crew. How should I register?
- I don’t have a team. Can I still register?
- I still have questions. Where do I go to get an answer?
- Our sailing club has 10 people who want to sail. How do we register?
- Can we swap crew members between teams?
- What happens if I cannot find anyone to complete my team?
- I have registered but now I cannot make the event. Will I get a refund?
- What are the registration fees?
- Which division should my team enter?
- How can I learn the 2013-2015 Racing Rules of Sailing?
- What type of boats will be used for the regatta?
- How do I use the Crewfinder?
I have a skipper and crew all ready to go. How should I register?
I have a partial crew. How should I register?
I don’t have a team. Can I still register?
I still have questions. Where do I go to get an answer?
Our sailing club has 10 people who want to sail. How do we register?
You would register as 2 complete teams and one partial team. You can call your team whatever you want, but to make it easier to identify you as a group from a particular club, we recommend that you call yourselves by your city or club. For instance, Cleveland Team 1, Cleveland Team 2, etc.
Can we swap crew members between teams?
What happens if I cannot find anyone to complete my team?
Once we reach the capacity of registration, we will email all partial teams and participants who have not joined a team and encourage them to get together. Remember, you have CrewFinder on the GLORY website to help you. We will give teams 4 weeks to complete their team. If after that time we still have partial teams and participants who have not joined a team, we will put them together doing the best job we can taking into consideration language, location, etc.
I have registered but now I cannot make the event. Will I get a refund?
Unfortunately, commitments have been made with the money we get from registration so we are not allowing for refunds from the Gay Games Regatta. You can, however, have someone go in your place. You can find the person yourself or you can see if there is someone on the Wait List found here on the GLORY website. You would then work it out between you so that the person going in your place gives you them money you have paid and then inform Gay Games 9 of the change of name at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What are the registration fees?
Which division should my team enter?
If your team has racing experience and can handle a spinnaker with ease, then enter the Competitive Division. If your team has little racing experience and is not familiar with handling a spinnaker then enter the Recreational Division. Whichever division you enter, we recommend getting some practice in 3/4 person boats before you get to Cleveland and in particular become familiar with the 2013-2015 Racing Rules of Sailing particularly regarding starts, mark rounding and finishing.
How can I learn the 2013-2015 Racing Rules of Sailing?
So that we all have a fun event without any arguments or protests, it's vital that all entrants AND crew are familiar with the 2013-2015 Racing Rules of Sailing.
- Download the PDF here 2013-2015 Racing Rules of Sailing
- Download the iPhone/iPad App here
- Uncle Al's Racing Rules in pictures here
- Look to Windward Racing Rules Blog here
- UK Hasley Racing Rules animated quiz here
What type of boats will be used for the regatta?
Tartan Marine Company have signed a Sponsorship Agreement to supply Gay Games 9 with 20 new 26-foot Tartan One Design boats for the sailing regatta. Tartan has become one of the first platinum sponsors and major sponsor for sailing. Detailed plans and specs of the boats are due on or before May 1, 2013. The boats are based on the Tartan Fantail
How do I use the Crewfinder?
1. Register on the GLORY website with your email address here. 2. Go to the Crewfinder section of the GG9 Forum here 3. Post a new message and put "Skipper for Crew" or "Crew for Skipper" in the message subject, the division and your location e.g. "Skipper for Crew, Competitive, San Diego" In the body of the message include information about your relevant sailing and racing experience. To respond to a Crewfinder request, send a private message to the advertiser by clicking on their name or you can post a reply in the forum.